Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Why Bother

I have an MPH Readers’ Circle card because I think I read a fair amount so I’d buy a fair amount of books too, and the MPH at 1 Utama is the closest major bookstore I can go to. But every time I visit the store, or any other bookstores around for that matter, I’m reminded yet again why I buy most of my books online from Amazon.

They renovated the store again recently, apparently, and the science fiction section is now down to only two shelves. Obviously not many people read and/or buy science fiction. Then, the books are all shrink-wrapped and there are no browsing copies provided. I suppose, unless you know exactly what you’re looking for and they happen to have it, you really have to judge a book by its cover.

I am helpless.

I bought two books, though: Dune, a classic I never actually got around to read; and The Children of Hurin.

Next stop: Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment