Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Yesterday

(They Long to Be) Close to You
by The Carpenters (1970) [watch it on YouTube]

Why do birds suddenly appear
Every time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you

Why do stars fall down from the sky
Every time you walk by?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you

On the day that you were born
The angels got together
And decided to create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair of gold
And starlight in your eyes of blue

That is why all the girls in town
Follow you all around.
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you

On the day that you were born
The angels got together
And decided to create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair of gold
And starlight in your eyes of blue

That is why all the girls in town
Follow you all around
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you.
My favorite Carpenters song, though not their original. I won the 1990 Gombak district schools’ music competition instrumental solo category with a Carpenters song, Yesterday Once More. It was unbelievable that I won, as I was shaking the whole time I was performing. I thought a girl who played Endless Love on the piano would win, but I guess she bored everyone with the seemingly endless song.

WOW, that was seventeen years ago!

__________
I don’t know migraines, but I’m having a massive headache.

4 comments:

  1. Teringat pulak kat Ms. Hasni. The Carpenters ni group kegemaran dia lah ni... LOL. Kalau set B, pegi language lab, asyik pasang lagu group ni saja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kalau bukan pasal French, tak merasa langsung masuk language lab kat sekolah tu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kesian, LOL. Time-time macam ni, sebelum cuti raya, confirm Ms. Hasni tu bawak masuk language lab dengar lagu raya :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tak apa lah, pasal tak pernah teruja langsung dengar lagu raya. Tambah pulak orang selalu pasang lagu raya kuat-kuat buat pekak telinga -- lagi sakit hati ada lah.

    ReplyDelete