I want a new mobile phone.
There are two charges on my credit card this month for new mobile phones – one new Nokia set for my mother and one new Sony Ericsson set for my brother – but none for me. None for me.
My mother had been complaining about her old mobile phone with its dying battery for weeks, while hinting not-so-subtly for us (read: me) to buy her a new one. Even though she can’t even withdraw her own money at the ATM for fear that the machine would swallow her ATM card, my mother demanded a new mobile phone that has a radio and a camera. After going through a short list of candidates, my brother and I finally settled on a simple phone that happens to be just an updated version of her old mobile phone with neither radio nor camera.
She is happy with it, but now bugs me for an MP3 player. :P

I just might get myself a Sony Ericsson W660i too!
My brother, however, was basically happy with his old Sony Ericsson phone, but discovered not having a memory expansion slot a real problem when he ran out of space to store new contacts. He considered buying a PDA phone for a while, but in the end decided to just buy a new mobile phone – this time with a memory expansion slot, Bluetooth, 3G; the whole nine yards – and buy a proper PDA later. I paid for the W660i with my credit card and he promised to pay me back in monthly installments.
I want a new mobile phone because my mother, brother, and sister all have new mobile phones, but my white and orange W800i is still working fine while it’s my notebook that’s giving me worries. I guess I have to wait and see how things play out, then. Who knows, CUEPACS may actually succeed in getting the government to pay civil servants that RM2000 “honorarium”.
:-(
__________
PS: Students are always surprised when I tell them that my average monthly mobile usage is RM8 and that I have more than RM200 in accumulated prepaid credits.
There are two charges on my credit card this month for new mobile phones – one new Nokia set for my mother and one new Sony Ericsson set for my brother – but none for me. None for me.
My mother had been complaining about her old mobile phone with its dying battery for weeks, while hinting not-so-subtly for us (read: me) to buy her a new one. Even though she can’t even withdraw her own money at the ATM for fear that the machine would swallow her ATM card, my mother demanded a new mobile phone that has a radio and a camera. After going through a short list of candidates, my brother and I finally settled on a simple phone that happens to be just an updated version of her old mobile phone with neither radio nor camera.
She is happy with it, but now bugs me for an MP3 player. :P

I just might get myself a Sony Ericsson W660i too!
My brother, however, was basically happy with his old Sony Ericsson phone, but discovered not having a memory expansion slot a real problem when he ran out of space to store new contacts. He considered buying a PDA phone for a while, but in the end decided to just buy a new mobile phone – this time with a memory expansion slot, Bluetooth, 3G; the whole nine yards – and buy a proper PDA later. I paid for the W660i with my credit card and he promised to pay me back in monthly installments.
I want a new mobile phone because my mother, brother, and sister all have new mobile phones, but my white and orange W800i is still working fine while it’s my notebook that’s giving me worries. I guess I have to wait and see how things play out, then. Who knows, CUEPACS may actually succeed in getting the government to pay civil servants that RM2000 “honorarium”.
:-(
__________
PS: Students are always surprised when I tell them that my average monthly mobile usage is RM8 and that I have more than RM200 in accumulated prepaid credits.
belilah satu phone baru untuk diri sendiri bro.
ReplyDeleteJust RM8 per month? I would be totally surprised as well :-P
ReplyDeletePye: Niat di hati memang nak beli telipon sebijik tapi ada beberapa faktor ketidaktentuan di pasaran yang perlu diamati buat sementara... :P
ReplyDeleteMon: It does seem that everybody uses the phone more than I do!