Friday, April 14, 2006

The Best Job


Kam sent me a list of Best Jobs in America produced by Money Magazine and Salary.com. PR is at #20, but college professor is #2! While a college professor's pay is not among the highest, the profession ranks highly on the levels of stress, flexibility and creativity. I wonder if there is a similar list of best jobs in Malaysia, though I don't think there is much of a difference. Our public university lecturers do get paid a pittance though compared to American college professors.

At the office, I just realized that I have to fill in a form to apply for a promotion after completing my MA. DUHH! All this while I thought that the promotion was automatic, happily receiving my meager salary every month. It just goes to show that I am not the kind of person who is likely to become a millionaire; I don't care much how much I earn. Teaching is not the kind of work one goes for to get rich anyway.

According to the magazine, the best job in America belongs to Mark Dochtermann, Director of Technology at Electronic Arts. Getting paid to design and play computer and video games is definitely a dream job!

No comments:

Post a Comment