Exams are finally over, for me at least, having invigilated my last session this morning. [Yay?] I even dozed off for a few seconds, after finishing reading the magazine I brought along in the first hour.
What a boring day to begin a new week after a lost weekend: I had to invigilate on Saturday and then had to come again on Sunday as standby. The boss said that I can take unrecorded leave for having to sacrifice my weekend, as if thirty days of annual leave aren’t enough. Overcast sky greeted the morning when I drove to work, clearly setting the day’s mood. It rained a bit mid-morning; I hoped it rained harder, longer. Quite a few people don’t show up at work today. Perhaps they know something I don’t.
A knock on my door produced a student asking about her practical training arrangement. She only needs to show up at Putrajaya on April 10. "That's it?" she asked. It is unfortunate that our lives has grown so complicated that we view with skepticism things that are simple. A second knock on my door produced a clueless salesman. He tried to make me apply for a credit card. Why would I want a second (or third or fourth…) [credit card] when I am happy with one I have? He left.
Minutes later a third knock on my door saw the salesman again. As he started again I said, “You were here just now”. He forgot. Poor guy lost his mind.

No comments:
Post a Comment