My super-duper-mega-important roles during the reception were to [1] welcome the guests and [2] take care of the gift money. It was the first wedding in the family so the turnout was very good, judging by the so many unfamiliar faces – mostly my parents’ old friends, very distant (relatively speaking) relatives, and orang kampung in general. Having to wear the baju melayu for the whole day didn’t turn out half as bad as I dreaded it to be, though I did cheat by not wearing the songkok.
Everything from the catering and entertainment to the weather went well throughout the day, so I suppose it was through and through a successful day; and I had absolutely nothing to contribute towards the planning and preparation of the wedding except for taking my sister for some last minute shopping and doing some lifting.

Not a picture from the wedding, but could have been if we had a gazillion dollars – photo taken on New Year's Eve 2004/2005 at Disney's Magic Kingdom, FL. Holding my breath to keep the camera still to capture the fireworks without a tripod was a bitch, but the result was excellent.
__________
PS: Lame mandatory question throughout the day: “So, when is the big brother's turn?”
No comments:
Post a Comment