
You want some, punk?
My new ‘piece’ – a Black and Decker cordless drill
I HATE school holidays because the shopping malls – everywhere – and most importantly the cinemas will be packed with people, especially school-aged children and teens. The worst are secondary schoolers; typically going around in packs thinking and acting like they are so cool or tough with no regard to other people, and walk slower than a 100-year old grandma.
In the meantime, the latest Pirates looks set to do really well at the box office, judging by the fact that all the screenings beginning this Wednesday are already sold out! I only managed to buy tickets for next week. We’ll see how this second sequel turns out. With all the digital technology we have today, I am hoping that somebody will make big-budget full-action movies of famous naval battles like the Spanish Armada of 1588 and Nelson’s Trafalgar of 1805. Instead of a one-to-one duel as in Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, we can have sea battles of LOTR-like epic scale; minus the hobbits and monsters and wizards.
That would be awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment