I haven’t been reading for a while and it’s making me feel dumber by the day. Since The Lost Fleet: Fearless some time in February, I have been stuck half-way through The World is Flat and maybe one-fifth through Learning the World, a rather weird SF.
Now that the final Harry Potter book is coming out, I am faced with a question – now, will I read it?
One of the things I don’t want to do is read a book (or do something) because everybody else does as then I will not know for certain whether I read, and then most probably like the book, because of the hype or because I actually find it interesting myself. It’s petty, I know. When the first Harry Potter came out years ago and everybody went gaga over it, I told a friend that I’ll only pick it up when the series is complete. Now that the series is complete, or will, soon, I’m thinking whether I should wait a while longer, maybe a year or two. Perhaps by then the books will cheaper too, huh?
In the meantime, I’m awaiting delivery of two more John Scalzi SF from Amazon – The Last Colony and The Sagan Diary.



No comments:
Post a Comment