I
My sister asked me to transfer some files from the hard drive I salvaged from the dead home desktop, now given a new lease of life in an external casing, into her notebook.
Shit!
The notebook had a nasty problem a while back – it wouldn’t boot – that my sister had it sent for repairs. It came back about a month later with the optical drive replaced and sporting a new OS, running on Vista instead of XP, which my sister took as a nice upgrade. She didn’t otherwise notice anything amiss as the notebook came back with its distinctive scratch intact.
Somebody has either screwed up, or screwed her up.

The PC, the external HD, the other external HD (in box), the book and the cheap watch
II
We went to the PC Fair last weekend, with actually something to buy. The crowd was crazy, as usual. I remember in uni when we went to the PC Fair just for the sake of it and some of the guys would buy a cheap mouse or a box of diskettes. This time I was looking for an external hard drive set and an external hard drive casing for the above-mentioned salvaged hard drive. I knew exactly what I was looking for in the case of the former – a 300GB Maxtor Personal Storage. The vendor offered me a cheap (and perhaps more importantly ugly as hell!) external hard drive casing for RM48, but I bought a cool RM100+ Cooler Master instead.
Yes, always an excuse to spend money.
;-)
My sister asked me to transfer some files from the hard drive I salvaged from the dead home desktop, now given a new lease of life in an external casing, into her notebook.
How much free space you have?A 20GB hard drive on a two-year-old mid-range notebook just doesn’t make sense. True enough, I had my sister check her purchase invoice and it says that it should be 60GB; and the CPU should be a 1.6GHz instead of a 1.4GHz Pentium M.
I don’t know; you check it out.
Hey, how big is your hard drive?
Why?
It says 20GB here.
So?
Shit!
The notebook had a nasty problem a while back – it wouldn’t boot – that my sister had it sent for repairs. It came back about a month later with the optical drive replaced and sporting a new OS, running on Vista instead of XP, which my sister took as a nice upgrade. She didn’t otherwise notice anything amiss as the notebook came back with its distinctive scratch intact.
Somebody has either screwed up, or screwed her up.

The PC, the external HD, the other external HD (in box), the book and the cheap watch
II
We went to the PC Fair last weekend, with actually something to buy. The crowd was crazy, as usual. I remember in uni when we went to the PC Fair just for the sake of it and some of the guys would buy a cheap mouse or a box of diskettes. This time I was looking for an external hard drive set and an external hard drive casing for the above-mentioned salvaged hard drive. I knew exactly what I was looking for in the case of the former – a 300GB Maxtor Personal Storage. The vendor offered me a cheap (and perhaps more importantly ugly as hell!) external hard drive casing for RM48, but I bought a cool RM100+ Cooler Master instead.
Yes, always an excuse to spend money.
;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment