Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Strike Two


I really should’ve known better: colds come in twos. At least for me they usually do:
  1. It sucks that I’m back with a stuffed nose and painful coughs in the morning from the overnight phlegm buildup. YUCK!
  2. It [sucks]2 that my voice is reduced to something between a whine and a whisper when I speak, though ever so slowly and carefully lest I break into a lung-spitting cough; the upside of which is the students suddenly become so quiet and attentive.
  3. It [sucks]3 that I got so tired I had to leave work early. Luckily, I have only one class today; but three tomorrow! Still, I’d rather labor through the classes than have them cancelled and replaced later.
    Even dinner is exhausting.
  4. It [sucks]4 that I practically had a free day-off I had to spend at home, in bed, no thanks to the goddamn cold.
I'm whining, I know. Of course, I’m ever so thankful for everything else. And I'm definitely not going to a clinic just for a stupid cold.

:-P

No comments:

Post a Comment