It was a beautiful morning when I drove to work earlier. The sunlight was filtered by a layer of clouds so it wasn’t too bright; just the way I like it.
At the cinema yesterday, a gang of punks, or should I say beruk, sat in the row behind me. One problem of catching big blockbusters early is you get all sorts of characters. This pack of monkeys were disruptive all through the movie talking and taunting one another, making comments, and perhaps the worst, but unfortunately all too common, offence one can do in a cinema nowadays, talking on the phone not once but twice.
Rude people come in all types. The ones yesterday were college students – anak-anak harapan bangsa; at least one skipped class to come to the cinema and one ended up skipping work because the movie was longer than he expected. They might think that they were cool and tough to not care about others, but in actual fact all their antics and conversations only served to show the not-so-cool-and-not-so-tough rest of us that they were really a bunch of ignorant idiots.
At two hours and twenty minutes, this latest Spider-Man is the longest of the franchise, and quite a stretch. Others may think that we can do away with some of the scenes, like when the I’m-bad-but-I-feel-good Peter Parker did the young John Travolta Staying Alive thing, but I’m fine with it. Besides, we get a whole bunch of characters this time – good Spider-Man, bad Spider-Man, Goblin junior, Sandman, Venom, and a new hottie (Bryce Dallas Howard) thrown in. With all the characters, I wouldn’t be surprised if the movie goes LOTR-extended-version-like long!
Spider-Man 3 is about Peter Parker getting over his head over his (or rather Spider-Man's) newfound fame and having a taste of the dark side. Then of course, in the end he is still a regular nerd, albeit with some awesome super powers.

i suggest u bring lastik and batu next time when u watch movies.. mmg sedap lastik monyet dalam gelap ni.. kena pulak kepala sampai berlubang, puas hati dibuatnye..xpun bawak pisang pastu bagi diorang.."Nyet, boleh diam tak? ini bukan zoo tau!!?"
ReplyDeleteThe movie is awesome... aligned with my expectation BUT I seriously Mary Jane even more now. Biatch... LOL. Lucky they bring on the new chick.
ReplyDeleteKalau monyet duduk depan boleh gak lastik...
ReplyDeleteAbout the movie, now that they've introduced her, it would be interesting to see how they'll treat the Gwen Stacy character in future instalments (kalau ada la...).
That reminds me of a story I read in Empire magazine a few years ago. Somebody played with a laser pen during a show annoying the other cinemagoers. That is, until someone shouted "Will the wankers with the laser pen please GROW UP?" I wonder if someone in Malaysia have that kind of courage?
ReplyDeleteSurely, there's always someone who will say something to the same effect. The question is: will the monkeys get the message?
ReplyDelete